How Stillpoint is now making your visit as safe and risk-free as possible. Watch and read below:
Your health and safety is at the heart of everything we do. We want all our patients and staff to have every confidence that we have done everything we can to minimise risk of infection by following stringent protocols. We have carried out a full and detailed risk assessment of our clinic and have implemented new hygiene protocols and social distancing measures to minimise the risk to patients and staff during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Our new infection control measures follow advice and recommendations from Public Health England, the Institute of Osteopathy and the General Osteopathic Council.
This assessment will be regularly reviewed in line with all relevant updates in government guidance. A summary of these changes is as follows:
Patients cannot be seen if they or someone in their household has symptoms of COVID-19
We will screen every patient by phone to ask if you have felt unwell with any of the following symptoms in the last 7 days: high temperature, persistent new cough or loss of sense of smell or taste.
We will also ask if you have been in contact with anyone with suspected or confirmed COVID 19 symptoms in the last 14 days, or if you have told to self-isolate or quarantine.
In either case, you must not come to the clinic and must self-isolate at home.
In all other cases, we will explore your problem and discuss the most appropriate treatment path for you.
You will be informed of the risks of face to face consultation and staff will document that you have been informed of any risk associated with attending the clinic. Everyone entering the building will be asked to wear a face covering. It cannot be guaranteed that everyone in the clinic will be wearing a face covering. Children under 11 are not required to wear a face covering, nor patients with a breathing difficulty.
If we decide that a face to face consultation would be appropriate, we want to advise you of the measures needed to make your visit the safest possible for you, other patients and all members of Stillpoint staff.
Where possible, please come :
- Alone, or if the appointment is for a child please with just one parent/guardian attending.
- On time – not too early or late – we need to keep the number of people in the reception area to a minimum to allow for social distancing. We will do our best not to keep you waiting. You may want to wait outside if you do arrive early.
- Please bring a face covering/mask with you to wear on entering the clinic.
- Sanitise your hands on entering with the sanitiser just inside the front door and again as you leave.
- Pick up a wipe to use to clean any surfaces or handles you might touch.
- Keep a 2-metre social distance from the reception desk and sit where directed if you need to wait – the areas are well marked.
- Toilet facilities are available for urgent use only – please wipe and clean any surfaces touched.
In order to make you visit as safe as possible we have introduced the following:
HEIGHTENED HYGIENE REGIME
- Strict hand hygiene measures are in place for all staff and patients
- PPE available for all staff to include face masks, plastic aprons, gloves and face visors
- Clinic rooms will be thoroughly sanitised after each patient & well ventilated
- Common areas and washrooms will be sanitised every 2 hours
- All linen has been removed from clinic rooms
SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES
- A reduction in the number of practitioners working at any one time to allow for social distancing in the reception area
- A reduction in the number of receptionists working at any one time to allow social distancing at the reception desk
- The staggering of appointment times to minimise patient contact on entering and exiting the clinic and inside the reception area
INCREASED PROTECTION MEASURES
- Perspex screen fitted to reception desk & clear floor markings to help keep social distance at the reception desk and in the reception area
- Staff will wear work wear which will be laundered at 60 degrees
- Removal of soft furnishings where possible
- We will sanitise the card payment machine before/ after each use or you can pay by phone or bank transfer to further protect you and our staff
Although you may miss the normal comforts of our clinic surroundings, keeping the clinic clutter-free is important for sanitising routines. We also need to keep all the rooms well ventilated, so you will need to dress more warmly in colder weather, please.
We can assure you that all these protocols will make your visit as safe and risk free as possible and should guarantee that we are able to continue hands on treatment for you and your family – the essence of osteopathy, acupuncture, physiotherapy and Alexander Technique!!